- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch greens (kale, chard, collards, spinach)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- dash cayenne
- to taste, salt
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (JUST peanuts)
- Sautee onion, garlic and ginger (and stems of the greens if they’re edible) until soft and fragrant
- Add tomatoes, greens, cumin, cayenne and salt, stir to coat.
- Add stock and simmer 15 minutes
- Stir in peanut butter and stir until melted.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
Optional: add 1 can of rinsed beans or sweet potato chunks prior to simmering and cook until either are soft.