I’m sitting once again in my dining room, writing this by the glow of my laptop screen and the candles that I have lit throughout the lower level of the house. Three years ago I was worried about so many things in my life:
- worried about being alone after 15 years
- worried about my future
- worried about my sanity, worried about my health
- worried about my family and how my life would change.
It’s now three years down the road and guess what? I’m still pondering many of the same concerns:
- I am still alone after 3 years, however aside from periods where I am stressed and under pressure, I’m truly not lonely. My friends and family are supportive, loving and caring when things are tough. At some point I hope to find that certain someone to spend the rest of my life with, but I’m being pretty relaxed about the whole situation.
- My future is a mutable thing and it will be what I make of it. It is clear that my current path will act as a bridge to my future and that the need to move on is not as acute as it was this time last year. Despite how much I seem to be frustrated by the city, I still love Hamilton immensely as it has helped me grow and develop into the man I’ve become. My immediate future will remain here. After the US federal election, big choices may occur.
- I continue taking charge of my health. I’m being more conscious of what I am doing with regards to food and exercise and am taking ownership of my personal choices and activities. I am choosing to follow my happiness, albeit cautiously, wherever it may lead me.
- I’m still concerned about my family, particularly my Mother. I feel she’s a little more grounded than she was a year ago but I’m being as supportive as I can to assist her in determining her future plans. My brother and his family are constantly in my thoughts and I wish for them to continue to work towards their happiness as a family and as individuals – it warms my heart to see my nieces begin to flourish on their own as individuals and strong young women.
So what does all this mean? I know that I can stand on my own as an individual and can blaze my own trail. I am blessed with a strong foundation of family and friends who keep me grounded, balanced and honest with myself.
Am I still frightened? Nope. Confused? Kind of. Concerned? Sure. Excited? Definitely!
Watch here for big things in the near future…it’s going to be an interesting journey – table for one. is just the start – I can promise you that.